President – Ray Castle, PhD, ATC, LAT
Ray has been a BOC Certified Athletic Trainer since 1991, LSBME credentialed athletic trainer (LAT) since 1994, and is an American Red Cross Instructor since 2005. He has an extensive background in clinical practice and professional service over the last 25+ years. He is also Associate Professor of Professional Practice at LSU since 2002, where he serves as Program Director for the Bachelor of Science in Athletic Training. In 2014, he was appointed as a Senior Fellow to LSU’s Stephenson Disaster Management Institute.
Action Medicine Consultants, LLC was created by Ray in 2012 because of his desire to fill a void in medical coverage of athletic events in Baton Rouge area. Today, Action Medicine Consultants is the primary medical provider for a variety of athletic events, with a focus on endurance/multi-sport races.
Ray has been a highly active member of the athletic training profession, having made over 50 medical presentations at the local, state, national and international levels, numerous publications, as well as serving on various organization committees at state, district, and national levels. At the Louisiana Legislature, he has provided expert committee testimony and served on various study resolutions related to appropriate medical care for athletes.
Major Medical Experience Highlights
- LSU Athletic Training Program (2002-present)
- Boston Marathon (2013; 2014; 2015)
- New Orleans Rock’n’Roll Marathon (2014)
- Houston Ironman Triathlon (2013)
- Catholic High School – Athletic Trainer (2006-12)
- US Women’s Bobsled Team – World Cup Tour (2004)
- Pan American Games (2003) – USOC Sports Medicine Staff – USA Cycling Team
- University of Southern Mississippi – Staff Athletic Trainer
- University of Louisiana-Lafayette – Staff Athletic Trainer
- Atlanta Olympic Games (1996)
- NCAA Track & Field Championships (1993)
- US Olympic Track & Field Trials (1992)
Medical Leadership Positions
- Louisiana Marathon (2014 – present) – Medical Coordinator
- RiverRoux Triathlon (2015 – present) – Medical Coordinator
- Louisiana Governor Games Track & Field Championships (2013) – Medical Coordinator
- Baton Rouge Wheelchair Tennis Association’s Cajun Classic Tournament (2013 – present) – Medical Coordinator